Smoked Salmon Tartlets with Arugula and Dill are a perfect party food! Cheesy mini quiches in crispy shells with gorgeous gourmet flavor.
Last night, I attempted a pizza using this flavor profile but opted to put eggs on it. Boy, was that was a complete foul. Hate when that happens. But, I saw potential and tried this direction instead (and because I had leftover ingredients). So, these creamy, smokey beauties are the result of having failed completely at one thing last night, but regrouping and reinventing today.
Smoked Salmon Tartlets with Arugula and Dill
- 2 oz smoked salmon, flaked into small pieces
- 4 oz chive and onion cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c arugula, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 t chopped fresh dill, plus additional for garnish
- good pinch kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- 3/4 c shredded fontina cheese
- 2 boxes mini fillo frozen pre-made tarts shells (30 shells)
Heat oven to 400F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the cheese. Spoon the salmon-cheese mixture into the fillo shells. Top each with a little Swiss cheese. Bake at 400F for ~12-15 minutes or until cooked through and a little toasty. Remove to cool 5 minutes before serving. Serve garnished with a little fresh dill. Yields 30 appetizers.