This Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza is one of my all-time favorites! Surprisingly easy to make, but thanks to a dreamy creamy sauce, crispy chicken, and tasty ham, this pizza recipe is killer.
This week for Friday night pizza night, I felt like making up a new one, and I have to thank a co-worker for suggesting Chicken Cordon Bleu. By using my new Sam Adams Beer Pizza Dough, pizza and beer were united into hands down my tastiest pizza yet.
With the idea firmly implanted, I poked around the internet a bit figuring out how to go about this and every recipe I found used alfredo from a jar. Yuck. Blech. There was no way I was going to do that especially when it only takes a couple minutes to make alfredo. Besides, I wanted Dijon definitively in there. On the other hand, I did use chicken tenders I picked up at the deli section of the grocery store. No need to reinvent the wheel completely. Besides, it was a Friday and I was already making sauce and dough from scratch. Life is about balance. And pizza.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza
- ½ recipe Sam Adams Beer Pizza Dough
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- pinch kosher salt
- 2 c sliced chicken tenders
- 1 c diced ham
- ¼ c chopped chives
- ¼ c sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil cut julienne
- 1-1/2 c shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1 c shredded Swiss cheese
- With the pizza stone in the oven, heat oven to 450F. Heat another 15 minutes to make sure the pizza stone is fully heated.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium, nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add the butter, cream, and Dijon, and simmer until sauce is thickened and reduced by half.
- Roll out the pizza dough and transfer to the heated pizza stone. Spread the Dijon-cream sauce over. Top with the chicken, ham, chives, sun-dried tomatoes, and cheeses. Bake 15 minutes until crust is golden and cheeses are melted.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.