It’s funny to me that this great American classic and personal favorite was so hard for me to figure out! Took me years to get this just right. In that process, I learned the key is to measure! Generally, cooks don’t have to measure; bakers do. Well, this recipe is an exception. Any time I’ve made deviled eggs by eye-balling, I’ve screwed them up. But as written below, and measured, this recipe makes my family very happy 🙂
- 1 dozen hard-boiled eggs shells removed
- 5 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 3 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 sprinkles Worcestershire sauce
- paprika for sprinkling
- 5 strips bacon cooked (optional)
- Halve the eggs and put the yolks in a mixing bowl with the next 7 ingredients. Whip up until smooth.
- Put the yolk mixture in a resealable bag, snip the corner, and pipe the filling into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the filled eggs with paprika.
- Top each with a chunk of bacon so that it sticks straight up out of the yolk and serve.