Cheesy Stuffed Garlic Bread

Cheesy Stuffed Garlic Bread

This has become affectionately known as “Crack Bread” in my home. My husband requests it every time the Redskins play, and my daughter happily obliges to make it. We usually burn our mouths eating it since we aren’t willing to let it cool.

Cheesy Stuffed Garlic Bread
Ingredients
  1. 1 round loaf crusty bread (such as a Tuscan boule)
  2. 1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  3. 2 T extra virgin olive oil
  4. 1 T country-style dijon
  5. 1 T fresh Italian parsley, chopped
  6. 1 T very finely diced onion or 1/4 t onion powder
  7. 1 large clove garlic, minced
  8. 1/2 t bread dip seasoning (purchased or for a recipe click Here)
  9. 8 oz shredded cheese (whatever you have on hand that needs to be used up - I used a mozzarella-sharp cheddar mix for the loaf in the photo. We have also used a 4-state cheddar mix or a cheddar-jack mix)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400F.
  2. Slice the bread into 1-inch slices but don't cut all the way through. Turn the bread 90 degrees and repeat so you end up with cubed pieces to pull and eat once the bread is done.
  3. Whisk together the butter, olive oil, dijon, parsley, onion, garlic, and bread dip seasoning. Carefully spoon the butter mixture into the cracks of the bread. Take the cheese, and gently stuff into the cracks as well. Wrap the stuffed boule in foil and bake at 400F for 20 minutes. Open the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until the outside of the bread is toasty. Serve!
Erica's Recipes http://ericasrecipes.com/

~✿♥✿~

Cheesy Stuffed Garlic Bread

Cheesy Stuffed Garlic Bread

Cheesy Stuffed Garlic Bread

Comments

1. Linda Rohrman says

It sounds great but I don’t know where in SD to even buy this seasoning and I don’t see a brand name on it to look it up……anyone know???

• says

Most major grocery stores really should carry something like this, but if not – that’s ok! Not a big deal You can make your own very easily because it’s really just a mix of some dried herbs, pepper, and salt. See below and I hope this helps!

1 t dried basil
      1 t dried thyme
      1 t dried oregano
      1 t ground black pepper
      1/2 t kosher salt
      2 t grated parmesan

(I just made this up and ate an entire baguette in the process. SO GOOD! I’ll try to get a good pic and post as a recipe soon!)

• Linda Rohrman says

Thanks so much! That helps. Just before I got this I was thinking…hmmm…I should ask her to look at the label and tell me the listing! :)

• says

Linda THANK YOU! You got me thinking – why am I buying this crap when I can just make it? And then I did and it tastes even better. So thank you so much for getting my wheels turning!!

2. Patricia says

I love this! However, the reference to “CRACK BREAD” really puts me off bringing to mind Rob Ford’s disgrace.

3. says

Hi Erica, this looks amazing. I love this for game day for the boys, it’s easy to make and I know everyone will enjoy it. I’m pinning and sharing. Thanks for sharing this with Foodie Friends Friday Best of 2013 this week.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,
    Joanne

4. says

This looks wonderful! I have always wanted to try one of these, but have never gotten around to it. I chose it as my Foodie Friends Friday host favorite this week, so it will be featured on Daily Dish Magazine tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

Trackbacks