This classic Boston Baked Cod recipe, with butter crackers and simply baked, is straight from my childhood growing up in New England. Very easy to make and absolutely delicious, this cod recipe will become a family favorite for you too.
We all have those dishes that completely encompass our heritage, our childhood, our memories. This dish is one of those for me. I grew up ordering this at restaurants all the time, and I truly love that it’s now a family favorite when I make it at home. Baked fish is super easy, and topping with a buttery layer of crackers is absolutely one of the best ways to serve it.
Boston Baked Cod
Very easy to make and absolutely delicious, this recipe will become a family favorite for you
- 1 lb cod or other white fish
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed
- 6 T unsalted butter melted
- 2 t fresh parsley minced
- 2 t fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 2 t freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Lay the fish in a 13x9 baking dish. Season very lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over fish. Bake at 375, 8-12 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish) until the fish flakes with fork and crumbs are brown. Serves 4.