I am not a fan of Greek yogurt. I know it’s all the rage right now, and I have tried and tried, but I’m just not a fan. I do love Tzatziki though – especially since I add some sour cream to make it a little less yogurty. I make no apology for that 🙂
- 1 c nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- ½ c reduced fat sour cream
- 1 small (½ c) cucumber, peeled, seeded, shredded, and water squeezed out
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- ½ T dried dill
- ½ t kosher salt
- ¼ t coarsely ground pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 T minced red onion (*see Note)
Just combine and chill at least 2 hrs. So good!
*Note: if your onions are very fresh or particularly pungent, put the chopped onion in a strainer and run under water for 30 seconds to take the edge off before adding to the rest of the ingredients.