Family-friendly, chili cheeseburger, two cheeses, and crispy fried onions highlight this irresistible Chili Cheeseburger Pizza!
Pizza is glorious, isn’t it? It is simply the perfect food. No matter where I am physically or spiritually, pizza always makes it better.
And this pizza precisely proves my point.
Last week sucked. For multiple reasons – home, work, gym – seemingly in every corner of my little life, it was a suckity suck week.
They happen, yes, and I know next week will be better, but in the meantime, this is precisely why we have pizza isn’t it?
After this spectacularly craptacular week, I went a little extra splurgy and threw some crispy fried onions on top a beefy, cheesy pizza.
Texturally, these salty little crisps rock as a pizza topping against all that gooey cheese.
Spicing up the beef with some chili powder was a dang awesome idea too I have to say. Nom!
So, if you’re looking for a little bit of love – or just an awesome pizza that will make everyone super happy, here’s one to hold onto.
Enjoy it with a cold beer and toast to the good times and the bad times because they all make us who we are.
Chili Cheeseburger Pizza
- 1 prepared pizza dough enough for 1 large pizza (such as my Sam Adams Beer Pizza Dough)
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 t chili powder
- ¼ t kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- ½ c pizza sauce
- 1 small bell pepper seeded and sliced
- ½ small onion cut into thin slices
- 1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ c fried onions such as French's
- Heat oven to 425F with the pizza stone in the oven. Continue to heat 10-15 minutes past when the oven reaches temperature to ensure the pizza stone is thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick pan, cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain any fat or juice. Add the chili powder and salt, and saute 1 minute to combine. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to desired size and thickness. Remove the pizza stone from the oven. Lay the pizza dough on the stone. Top with toppings in the following order: pizza sauce, bell pepper, onion, ground beef, cheddar, mozzarella, and fried onions. Put the pizza stone back in the oven to cook the pizza, ~15 minutes, until crust is golden and the whole thing is bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.