Skinny Spinach Jalapeno Dip is a healthier version of traditional spinach dip. This Greek yogurt dip has jalapeno and seasonings for a fantastic flavor combination, perfect for healthy snacking. Only 32 calories and 2 net carbs per serving.
How is this a healthier spinach dip?
I love my Artichoke Dip, but that recipe is a special occasion, one in a while, kind of thing and not a dip I can eat regularly.
So, in the interest of creating a new recipe for healthy snacking, I made a couple alterations to spinach dip for a lightened up skinny spinach jalapeno dip that is delicious.
- Greek yogurt replaces sour cream for a creamy base with fewer calories and fat.
- Light mayonnaise replaces regular mayonnaise for even fewer calories and fat.
- Jalapeno, Dijon, green onion, and seasonings tie it all together and make this dip YUMMY.
Creamy Greek yogurt really works in this recipe. And spinach, because it tastes great and loaded with vitamins and healthy stuff.
And the rest of the ingredients, especially the jalapeno, because it is all flavor and all comes together into a little bowl of dipping love.
- Greek yogurt. Stick with plain, regular Greek yogurt.
- Low fat mayonnaise. Read the label to ensure you are getting low fat and not reduced fat which has twice as many calories.
- Dijon mustard. For flavor.
- Spinach. Be sure to squeeze out all the water really well.
- Green onion. If not available, substitute with 1-2 teaspoons dried minced onion.
- Jalapeno pepper. Use the pickled kind from a jar.
- Beau Monde seasoning. This is a seasoning blend available in the spice section. If not available, substitute any seasoning of choice such as Cajun or garlic and herb. We just want to add an extra dimension of flavor.
- Additional seasonings. Garlic powder, dried thyme, and kosher salt.
- Dippers. I recommend baby carrots, tortilla chips, or pretzels for this dip.
Is this recipe keto diet compliant?
As written, this spinach dip is keto since it has 2 net carbs per serving.
However, for you keto folk, you can also use full fat sour cream and regular mayonnaise if desired and keep this recipe in line with your low carb goals.
How does long this dip recipe keep?
This recipe keeps well for a Greek yogurt dip with spinach as long as you take the couple minutes to make sure the water is squeezed out really well from the spinach. As long as that is done, this dip will keep 4 days.
Note that as a day or 2 goes by, the jalapeno flavor will intensify a bit as recipes with jalapeno have a tendency to do.
- Be sure to squeeze out the water from the spinach as best you can. This will keep the dip from getting watery.
- Read labels and make sure to use low fat mayonnaise with 15 calories per servings.
- Using a fork helps to break up the spinach and make a creamy dip without chunks of just spinach.
More healthy recipes
- Weeknight Sausage and Pepper Pasta
- Three Potato Hash
- Apple Fennel Stuffed Pork with Irish Whiskey Sauce
- Buttermilk Ranch Chicken Wrap
- Breakfast Sandwich with Homemade Turkey Chorizo
- Grilled Shrimp Cocktail Pasta Salad
Skinny Spinach Jalapeno Dip
- 1 ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup low fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 2 green onions white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp finely diced pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp Beau Monde seasoning see Notes
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 good pinch kosher salt
- dipper of choice such as baby carrots, tortilla chips, or pretzels
- Squeeze the water from the spinach well. Put the spinach in a bowl and use a fork to break it up into pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.