Creamy, cheesy hashbrown casserole recipe, kicked up with bacon and jalapeno. This crowd-pleasing, pot-luck perfect Jalapeno Popper Hash Brown Casserole recipe is made for sharing.
I completely went for the cheap thrill with this cheesy breakfast casserole. …Actually, I made this for a Thanksgiving pot-luck at work, and I literally made it up the morning of even.
I have no problem serving 50+ people something I just completely made up – I did the same thing for my Mediterranean Crescent Ring which went on to become my biggest recipe ever. I also have no words for how good this is! Hope my coworkers don’t mind the corner section missing.
This hashbrown casserole recipe is so easy, especially with buying potatoes already sorta prepped for you. This is a total recipe hack I do ALL the time.
Then we just mix up a bunch of stuff, classic hashbrown casserole ingredients for the most part, then top with bacon-y and jalapeno-y toppings. And cheeeseee. And we are good! So good, in fact, that this casserole will blow you and your friends away.
Jalapeno. Popper. Let’s discuss. What I love most about this Jalapeno Popper Hash Brown Casserole is how you really can serve it to a crowd, because despite the amount of jalapeno, this casserole has a little kick, but that is all it has. A little kick.
It is NOT overly spicy, it is not going to make anyone go running for the milk carton, it is safe.
If this jalapeno popper hash brown casserole looks good, here are more jalapeno recipe ideas
- Jalapeno Popper Pizza
- Jalapeno and Chorizo Macaroni and Cheese
- Skinny Spinach Jalapeno Dip
- Cranberry and Chorizo Jalapeno Poppers
So that’s it folks! An easy cheesy breakfast recipe and a very special recipe all around. With a little kick, but not too spicy, and so flavorful. Comfort food for the crowd.
Jalapeno Popper Hash Brown Casserole
- 2 20 oz packages fresh shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup jalapeno slices from a jar chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup jalapeno slices for topping
- 6-7 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1-2 Tbs chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, soup, 2 cups cheese, butter, chopped jalapenos, salt, and pepper with the potatoes.
- Transfer to a 13x9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover dish with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove casserole from the oven. Top with the remaining cheese and jalapeno slices. Cover with foil, return to the oven, and cook for another 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from the oven and top with bacon and chopped chives.