Persian Swordfish Kabobs with Cilantro Tzatziki are light and easy to prepare, but loaded with Persian flavors to satisfy. Make healthy grilled, quick-cook recipe for your family any day of the week!
This Persian Swordfish Kabobs with Cilantro Tzatziki recipe is my rendition of yummy swordfish kabobs I have had at Persian restaurants. There’s a little restaurant in Virginia, outside Washington DC, where I remember one meal specifically with fresh hummus, naan bread, and turmeric rice (all of which I have recreated, see my rice pictured above!) …YUMMM-O! And now these kabobs complete my memory so I can have this whole tremendous meal at home.
Now, before you start yelling at me “but Erica, swordfish is expensive!”, here’s the thing… swordfish was on sale $8.99 a pound last week, but even then I was undecided if I wanted to spend $14 on fish. But then my daughter noticed the bin of $6.99/lb assorted swordfish chunks from trimmings. Sold!
I absolutely love the flavors going on here. The spices, combined with the smokey awesomeness that can only come from cooking on the grill, complement swordfish perfectly. Then add a little dippity in cool, herbed yogurt, and it is awwwllll just right. …Oh yeah, and healthy too!
- 1-1/2 lb swordfish, cut into 2 to 3-inch chunks
- 1 lb yellow squash
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c cilantro
- 1/2 t turmeric
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/4 t coriander
- 1/4 t cumin
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- couple pinches fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
- 2 t fresh lemon juice
- 1 t fresh grated yellow or white onion
- 2 T fresh chopped cilantro
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro, turmeric, paprika, coriander, cumin, salt, and pepper. Toss in the swordfish, squash, and tomatoes to coat. Marinate 30 minutes in the fridge.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the Cilantro Tzatziki. Chill until ready to serve.
- Heat the grill to high heat. Thread the fish, squash, and tomatoes onto skewers. Grill skewers, 5 minutes per side. Serve with Cilantro Tzatziki. Yield: 4 servings.