There are a few recipes that are more of a labor of love than others. Deviled Eggs would be one. Stuffed mushrooms can be another. But ohhhh are they so good and so worth it!! As they go, this recipe is less of a huge task because instead of brushing the mushrooms with butter, I used cooking spray. This tactic, along with using light mayonnaise, also serves to lighten things up a bit. I find with the decadent crab, pungent white cheddar, and Old Bay (I mean, c’mon ..Old Bay!), these are the way I love stuffed mushrooms to be. As always, they are an absolute crowd-pleaser and always the first to be gobbled up and gone.
- 24 lg cremini mushroom caps, cleaned with the stems removed and discarded
- olive oil cooking spray
- 6 oz lump crab
- 3 T mayonnaise (I use olive oil Hellman's)
- 2 T minced green onions
- 1 T horseradish
- ¼ c panko crumbs
- 1 T minced fresh parsley
- ¼ c shredded white cheddar cheese
- couple good dashes Old Bay seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray the mushrooms all over with cooking spray and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise and horseradish. Add bread crumbs, cheese, green onion, Old Bay, and parsley. Stir until well mixed. Add crabmeat and toss with a fork. Mound 1 level tablespoon of the mixture into each mushroom. Bake 10-15 minutes until very lightly browned. Serve immediately.