Mmmmmm. Warm Crab Dip. Is there anything better? I was once at someone’s house and they refused to share their crap dip recipe with me, so I surreptitiously procured it from their recipe file. That is how seriously I take crab dip. Ten years later, this is my own recipe, and it is sized for a party. But this recipe can easily be cut in half for fewer people – like I did for the photo.
Warm Crab Dip
- 1 lb fresh lump crab meat
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 2 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 8 oz sour cream
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe dish, but with only 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Top with the second cup of cheddar cheese.
- Microwave 5-6 min or bake at 325 for 45 minutes until heated through.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.