I was totally inspired at the farmer’s market today. Of course, we foodies always are. Today was different though – there were so many things there I’d never seen before and it’s not like I never go – I go fairly regularly. Dragon fruit, Chinese melon, Dominican eggplant WOW! So, I grabbed a huge ruby-red bell pepper, a mellow, yellow tomato (LOVE yellow tomatoes), and a sweet yellow zucchini. I had never heard of a sweet yellow zucchini. It looked glorious. I was feeling a tart and went with that. And here we are! This is absolutely, undoubtedly one of the tastiest dishes I have ever made!
And this would be a sweet yellow zucchini…
The Farmer’s Tart
- 1 recipe Perfect Pie Crust
- 1 medium sweet yellow zucchini chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow tomato chopped
- 2 T parsley
- 2 T onion finely diced
- ½ t kosher salt
- ¼ t fresh cracked pepper
- 1 c Swiss cheese shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1 t country dijon mustard
- 6 T milk
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line the tart pan with the rolled out pie crust. Trim the edges. Layer in the zucchini, bell pepper, tomato, parsley, onion, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, mustard, and milk. Pour over the veggies in the tart shell. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes or until crust is golden and tart is cooked through.