This quick gnocchi recipe and easy weeknight dinner is a perfect little dinner to have in your arsenal for those busy stressful weeks. Quick-cook, Gnocchi with Olive Oil, Tomato, and Parmesan with ingredients make for a satisfying, affordable, lovingly elegant vegetarian dinner.
Sometimes we need to just take a couple pantry ingredients, add a little fresh ingredient, make it up super quick, EAT, and move on with life. This recipe is that recipe that gets you there. Purchased gnocchi (find them in the grocery aisle with the pastas) cooks SUPER fast. Then we just toss with garlicky olive oil and sage, and finish with parmasan cheese because we love ourselves and we deserve it.
And I will let you in on a little secret, because you are actually reading (which most people don’t) …but I totally forgot to add the cheese the night I made this recipe and took photos. It was THAT kind of hectic day.
If easy weeknight dinner with gnocchi looks good, check out these other ideas
- Not My Mom’s Goulash
- Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Salmon Casserole
- Healthy Weeknight Sausage and Pepper Pasta
Gnocchi with Olive Oil, Tomato, and Parmesan
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh chopped sage leaves
- 1 16-ounce package gnocchi
- 1 32-ounce container chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 large or 4 medium plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
- ⅛ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring the chicken stock and water to a boil in a pot.
- Heat the oil, garlic, and sage in a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until fragrant and the garlic is just lightly browned. Remove from the heat.
- Prepare gnocchi according to package directions in the boiling water/chicken stock. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Add gnocchi to the pan with the garlic, sage, and olive oil.
- Add the reserved 1/4 cup cooking liquid, chopped tomatoes, salt, and pepper, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.