This no fail recipe is perfect for Easter or any special occasion, and there are plenty of times during the year that I make it. Super easy and always delicious.
Easter Glazed Ham
- 1 ham I prefer a bone-in ham - they're more moist and flavorful
- whole cloves
- ½ c Sprite or 7-Up soda
- ¼ c whole grain mustard I use Grey Poupon Harvest Course Ground Mustard
- 1 c packed light brown sugar
- 2 T cider vinegar
- Heat oven to 325F.
- Place the ham, cut side down, in a 13x9 baking dish. Stud ham all over with whole cloves. If ham is not presliced, use a sharp knife to cut diagonal crisscross lines over the whole ham.
- Pour the soda over to coat the entire surface. Cook at 325F for 20 minutes per pound ham.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, brown sugar, and vinegar. Before the last 20 minutes of cooking, pour the mustard-sugar glaze over the ham. Cook the last 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Slice and serve.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.