Traditional cream cheese chicken dip brought to a whole new level with bacon! Buffalo Bacon Chicken Dip is a game-day perfect, crowd pleasing favorite. Easy to make and bring to all the parties.
Buffalo Bacon Chicken Dip
Oh how do I love thee, Buffalo Bacon Chicken Dip. Let me count the ways:
- Creamy cream cheese and ranch layer.
- Succulent rotisserie chicken.
- Tangy Buffalo wing sauce.
- Melty cheesy cheese.
- Crisp green onion.
So, six ways. I love this recipe six ways. These are the six essentials to this ridiculously good bacon cream cheese chicken dip. AND as a bonus, this party recipe is ready super FAST and is super easy to make.
If you love all things BUFFALO, check out my Buffalo Shrimp Bites.
Buffalo Bacon Chicken Dip is a layered buffalo ranch chicken dip and adapted from my old Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. So, because it is layered, we can work in batches (like, during commercial breaks lol) or make it all in advance and throw it all together when you are ready to rock. The steps to making this cream cheese chicken dip are thusly…
How We Make Buffalo Bacon Chicken Dip:
- First, we just mix up Neufchatel cheese (this is a lower fat “cream cheese”. I like to use it because it is creamier/softer than regular cream cheese, but either will work) and ranch dressing. This is our first layer.
- Next, we toss our chicken in wing sauce for our second layer.
- Top with cheese and bake until heated through.
- Finish by topping with bacon and onion and serve!
Easy peasy, winner chicken dip. That is what we have here. All the ingredients are things you can keep stocked. The cheese and chicken can be kept in the freezer even. And it’s good to keep recipes like this on-the-ready, because you just never know when you might need something ready quickly. Also, I like to have recipes like this in mind especially for football Sundays when I especially want fun, gameday food and nibbles but I don’t want to have to do a lot of work. Like, minimal work is about all I’m willing to commit to on those days normally. So this recipe is PERFECT for those days.
…which is precisely when I made this, while getting ready for the first Pats game of the season. And NOW, I am munching on this delicious dip, typing away on this here blog post …with my Pats ahead over Houston by 14 with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter. [happiness]
So, let’s review: my Buffalo Bacon Chicken Dip is a creamy, cheesy FLAVORFUL party dip, topped with bacon to totally up up your game. This one is a winner people – easy for you to make, transports awesome so you can take it wherever, and people LOVE it. Fun gameday food, just in time for the season.
Buffalo Bacon Chicken Dip
- 2 8 oz pkgs Neufchatel cheese (or substitute regular cream cheese), softened
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 rotisserie chicken meat removed and chopped (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 6-7 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chipped green onion white and green parts
- tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Combine the Neufchatel and ranch dressing. Layer in a 13 x 9 bake dish.
- Toss the chicken in the buffalo sauce. Layer onto the ranch-cheese layer. Top with the cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until heated through. Top with the bacon and green onion. Serve with tortilla chips.
Taking the meat off a rotisserie chicken yields 4 cups chopped chicken, or roughly 1.2 lbs (20 ounces). If you cook chicken for this recipe, add 25% to account for water loss from the meat while cooking