Succulent pulled pork cooked easily in the slow cooker with only Coca-Cola and seasoning. This is a simple recipe for tasty juicy pulled pork for all your pork needs. Add to mac and cheese, pile on pizza, roll in taquitos, even put it in waffles with slaw. This pulled pork recipe is dependable, no-fail, ridiculously easy recipe and will never let you down.
About this recipe
This recipe works for two reasons: 1) it is so stinking easy to make; and 2) because you get really tasty juicy pulled pork. Coca-Cola is acidic, and that acidity helps tenderize the meat even more as it cooks low and slow in the crockpot. The flavor also combines with the flavor of the pork and seasonings to give delicious savory yummy porkness.
About the ingredients
Coca-Cola pulled pork is such a simple recipe, there really isn’t much to say about the ingredients other than I use my own Grill Rub for pork and you can use either that or whatever seasoning blend you like.
For the pork, you can use either bone-in or boneless Boston butt. This recipe also works with “country-style” ribs, which are basically sliced Boston butt anyway.
You can also use a larger or smaller cut of meat. If using a larger cut of butt, still just use 1 cup of cola. It is plenty.
Slow Cooker Cola Pulled Pork
For the pork
- 1 2 ½ to 3-lb Boston butt pork roast
- Grilling Rub for Pork
- 1 cup Coco-Cola soda
For pork sandwiches
- coleslaw of choice
- Hawaiian sweet buns or hamburger rolls
- BBQ sauce
- Take the pork, and rub all over with the grilling rub. Let sit 20 minutes.
- Put in the slow cooker and pour the soda over. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Move the roast to a large cutting board or bowl and pull into shreds using 2 forks.
- Serve with coleslaw and BBQ sauce in buns.