My Favorite Breakfast Sammie, with tomato, avocado, turkey bacon, and a super sexy runny egg, is healthy and a perfect way to start your day. Give a try and it will be your favorite, on-the-go, healthy breakfast grab too!
Quick, healthy, and delicious, this breakfast sandwich has it all for me, and I’ve been making it this way forever. And there’s just something about a warm, runny yolk…
Favorite Breakfast Sammie
- 1 Thomas' 100% Whole Wheat English Muffin split
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1-2 thin slices tomato
- ¼ ripe Hass avocado sliced
- 1 t light mayonnaise
- 1 t country-style dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- cooking spray
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- Cook the bacon according to package directions. Remove from pan and blot with paper towels so it'll be crispy. Also blot the tomatoes with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Toast the English muffin. Meanwhile, cook the egg over easy in a small, nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray. While the egg is cooking, season it with the salt and pepper.
- To assemble, spread one toasted English muffin half with mayo. Layer one piece bacon, the tomato, avocado, the egg, and the second piece of bacon. Spread the second English muffin half with dijon, and top the sandwich. Yields 1 serving.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.