Linguine with Sausage and Cannellini Beans is one of those recipes that is easy enough for a weeknight or special occasion.
I think this is the first recipe I ever made up on my own. Tonight, I dug it out to remake it, update it, and take some pics, and I’m so glad I did.
I made this when I catered my grandmother’s 85th birthday, and she’s now 93. So this was an unexpectedly nostalgic little experience this evening. And yummy.
Linguine with Sausage and Cannellini Beans
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage links
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes drained
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup Italian parsley chopped
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 (15.5 oz) can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- ½ lb linguine
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Boil the sausages in the water 2-3 minutes. Remove the sausage from the water and transfer to a cutting board. Leave the pot of water boiling for the pasta. When the sausages are cool enough to handle, slice them into 1/2-in slices.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in the same pot of water, to al dente. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add the drained tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Toss, then cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes. Add red pepper flakes, pepper, parsley, and cream. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cream is just slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, add the cheese and beans, and mix well. Taste for seasoning (at least 1/2 t salt). Toss with the pasta. Serves 4-6.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.