This copycat recipe for creamy garlic and herb Mock Boursin Cheese is so easy to make and ridiculously flavorful. Now you can enjoy delicious herbed homemade Boursin cheese anytime, anywhere!
Mock Boursin Cheese
I love Boursin cheese – on English muffins, on pumpernickel toast, in pasta sauces, basically on anything. I use Boursin a lot, but it is not cheap. Years ago, my stepmom gave me a recipe similar to this (it had twice as much butter!), and this is a really close match. Absolutely delicious, I love it so much.
Here’s an old photo. Between the photo above and this photo below, you can see I might have improved a bit in my mad food photography skills.
Pathetic, right? But pretty funny at the same time.
Anyway, the key ingredients of my totally copycat, Mock Boursin Cheese are thusly:
Key Ingredients for Homemade Boursin Cheese
- UNsalted butter. We want creamy dreamy sweet unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Cream cheese OR Neufchatel. I have used both, so if you want to save a few calories, you can get away with the lesser fat Neufchatel.
- Herbs! A bunch of them. But at least in this recipe, they are mostly dried pantry ingredients.
Easy! This dip recipe is super easy to make and ready likety split, BUT (sorry, but there is a “but”) it does need to spend a little time in the refrigerator to get to its truest, awesomest, Boursin-esque self. So, after we blend everything up, just give it a little time in the fridge (or make a day in advance), then you will have yourself a completely convincing, SO delicious herbed cheese to spread on all the things.
If you love Boursin, check out these recipes:
- Bacon and Boursin Stuffed Tomatoes
- Boursin Chicken with Prosciutto
- Weeknight Ravioli with Spinach, Salmon, and Boursin Cheese Sauce
- Peppercorn-Crusted, Boursin-Stuffed Cheeseburgers
- Tomato, Basil, and Boursin Pizza
- Sausage and Boursin Pinwheels
- Copycat Boursin Cashew Cheese (Vegan)
Mock Boursin Cheese
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 16 oz cream cheese
- ½ tsp each dried basil kosher salt, dill, and marjoram
- ¼ tsp each garlic powder thyme, and pepper
- 1-½ tsp fresh chives
- Mix butter and cream cheese well. Add remaining ingredients and combine.
- Pour in bowl, cover, and chill at least 2 hours.
- Serve with crackers, on crusty bread, or on English muffins.