Juicy, tender, beer-marinated barbecue chicken served in a fluffy soft waffle topped with an herbed buttermilk ranch dressing and generous drizzle of honey. Rethink traditional chicken and waffles and go to the grill with my Honey Beer BBQ Chicken and Waffles.
This website uses affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I received complementary bottles from Budweiser’s new line of barbecue sauces. I have received no other compensation.
Honey Beer BBQ Chicken and Waffles
Chicken. And Waffles. Together, with syrup. If you have not yet experienced this pleasure, you need to rectify this asap. Chicken and waffles is one of my favest favorites. And, like shrimp and grits, chicken and waffles is a meal I seek out and MUST HAVE whenever I go anywhere that knows how to make it. Precisely like Savannah, Georgia, were I stopped last week, and I got me my chicken and waffles.
So, this recipe plays on traditional chicken and waffles, but we are doing a fun new thing. Instead of crispy fried chicken, we are going with sweet and tender, gorgeously flavorful, beer-marinated, grilled honey barbecue chicken. Instead of maple syrup, we are going with a glorious drizzle of honey AND a delicious herbed buttermilk ranch dressing. Boom. Having fun with food is one of the best things in life.
Honey Beer BBQ Chicken and Waffles. Each element (basically three – the chicken, the ranch, and the waffles – are completely basic. To togetherrrrr omgoodness. So good. Just marinate the chicken overnight (or at least 4 hours), then grill. While chicken is cooking, whip up the ranch – or make the ranch in advance, your pick – then, while the chicken is resting off the grill, make the waffles. Then put them together for a flavor combination that is ridiculous it is so good. YUMMMM.
So that’s it folks. Chicken and waffles is one of my all-time favorites things and this Honey Beer BBQ Chicken and Waffles recipe is a super fun, super easy way to get your chicken and waffles on at home, even on a weeknight!
For my best steak recipe, check out Grilled Steak with Horseradish Dijon Sauce with all the tips for a perfect grilled steak.
Honey Beer BBQ Chicken and Waffles
For the Honey Beer BBQ Chicken:
For the Herbed Buttermilk Ranch:
- To marinate the chicken, combine the beer, hot sauce, vinegar, and salt in a resealable bag. Add the chicken and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Combine the ingredients for the Herbed Buttermilk Ranch in a bowl, whisking until smooth. Use additional buttermilk to adjust consistency if desired. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and brush with barbecue sauce. Grill chicken, turning and brushing with more barbecue sauce regularly, until chicken is cooked through and well glazed. Remove from the grill and set aside to rest.
- While chicken is resting, make the waffles. Whisk together the ingredients until smooth, and cook in your waffle iron according to product directions.
- To serve: Slice chicken and layer on a waffle. Drizzle generously with honey and Buttermilk Ranch dressing. Eat with fork and knife or with your hands taco-style! Yields: 4-5 servings.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.