All Recipes | Pasta | Seafood
Boursin Sauce Fettuccini with Shrimp and Grilled Bell Peppers
Boursin sauce fettuccini with shrimp and grilled bell peppers is an elegant but easy dinner, perfect for a weeknight. Showcase your colorful garden or farmer’s market peppers atop creamy delicious pasta with garlic, herbs, and shrimp.
Boursin Sauce Fettuccini with Shrimp and Grilled Peppers
Boursin sauce over soft fresh fettuccini pasta with succulent shrimp and grilled bell peppers is an elegant but easy dinner, perfect for a weeknight. Showcase your colorful garden or farmer's market peppers atop creamy delicious pasta with garlic, herbs, and shrimp.
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tsp for brushing peppers
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 ¼ lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 pkgs fresh fettuccine such as Buitoni
- 1 cup arugula leaves chopped
- 1 tub Boursin Garlic and Herb Gornay Cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp chopped fresh herbs such as oregano or Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
For the peppers
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Cut the peppers into large sections, discarding the seeds and ribs. Brush lightly with ~2 teaspoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill peppers, turning once, until lightly charred, but not scorched. Set aside.
For the shrimp and Boursin sauce
- Rinse the shrimp and blot with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick saute pan, heat the tablespoon olive oil over high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, tossing regularly, 1-2 minutes until just translucent and lightly golden around the edges. Remove the shrimp to a dish and set aside.
- To the pan off the heat, add the milk and Boursin. Stir until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add back the shrimp (the residual heat will finish cooking the shrimp). Add the arugula. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
For the fettuccini
- Cook the pasta to al dente in the boiling water according to package directions (~2 minutes).
- Toss the fettucini into the shrimp and cheese sauce. Divide among 4 plates. Take the peppers and slice into strips – top each plate with a center mound of the pepper strips. Garnish over top with fresh herbs.
Calories: 520kcal (26%) | Carbohydrates: 44g (15%) | Protein: 35g (70%) | Fat: 22g (34%) | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 88mg (29%) | Sodium: 662mg (29%) | Fiber: 3g (13%) | Sugar: 6g (7%)
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Tried this recipe?Leave a comment below and let me know!