Spicy jalapenos, filled with a creamy, chorizo sausage and sweet cranberry stuffing, and panko crusted for a perfect crunch. Cheesy spicy, sweet and salty, these Cranberry Chorizo Jalapeno Poppers are wonderfully different and will be a hit for any occasion.
Here’s another little nugget of food, party food in fact, right before Christmas. Because Merry Christmas! And because I have made this recipe a couple times now and they are just oh so tasty good that I wanted to share. It would be selfish of me not to. And that is not what this season is about.
I mentioned in my post last week, about the current state of my home. We are hoping to have things squared away and cleaned up by Christmas Eve, but …looking around as I type …yeahhh. That will take a Christmas miracle.
But we were also at Disney World this weekend, and now we are watching Christmas movies. We are healthy, happy, and together. That is what I always pray for my family – for us to be happy, healthy, and together. And we fully appreciate how blessed we are and what Christmas really means. Not tons of gifts or a big meal – neither are happening for us this year anyway. Christmas is about joyful hope and expectation. And giving and loving. Because Christ set the example for us all.
So Merry Merry Merry to you all. Whether you are Christian or not, I hope and wish for you to embrace the sentiment to do for others as you would like done to you. To love. To nurture. To serve. And give peace.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27.
Cranberry Chorizo Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 5.2 oz package garlic and herb cheese (such as Boursin)
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 4 oz finely chopped Spanish chorizo sausage
- ½ cup dried cranberries chopped
- 2 Tbs light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 16 jalapenos halved with seeds and ribs removed
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 425F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the cheeses, chorizo, cranberries, sugar, and cinnamon. Use a fork to combine. Stuff the jalapenos and place on a bake sheet.
- Separately, add the panko to a small bowl. Drizzle with ~1/2 tsp olive oil and combine. One by one, invert each stuffed jalapeno onto the breadcrumbs and gently press. Place back on the back sheet.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes until peppers are just slightly softened, filling is warmed through, and panko crust is golden. Yields approximately 32 appetizers.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.