Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad
This super simple Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad takes full advantage of the magic that happens when blackberries and balsamic vinegar get together. Sweetened with just honey, this healthful salad, with nuts and berries, is SO good.
Last night, when making her lunch for school the next day, my daughter took a plastic container, added salad greens, and packed another little container with some of this dressing. This is a true story. MY daughter – with no prompting from me whatsoever – put salad, by CHOICE, into her school lunch. SALAD!!! Should I buy a lottery ticket? Did the magnetic poles flip or something?! WHAT cosmic force is at work here?!!
Want to know why? Because of these babies…
Yep, blackberries are in season and we have been popping them like popcorn. So juicy and sweet, and blackberries have a deeper flavor that goes amazing with balsamic vinegar – a perfect pairing for a salad dressing. The fact that my kid packed this Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad for lunch says it all!
Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ¼ c blackberries plus more to toss in the salad
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T honey
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- walnut halves
- 1 5.5 oz bag salad greens
- In a small bowl, break up the 1/4 c blackberries (using a muddler or fork helps). Add the vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper, and whisk until until thickened. Toss salad greens in dressing and serve topped with walnut halves and additional blackberries. Serves 4.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.