Little, individual Veggie Frittatas that are so easy to make and can be made in advance to eat for breakfast or snack through the week.
Super Good Morning Veggie Frittatas
And here I go. Starting tomorrow. New Year’s resolutions. No, I didn’t start this past week because who starts anything on a Wednesday? But tomorrow’s Monday and I’m out of excuses. And I will have one of these for breakfast.
- 1 c broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/4 c finely diced onion
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c shredded zucchini
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites (in addition to the 3 whole eggs above)
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- pinch Old Bay
- 6 t freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- cooking spray (preferably olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray, add the broccoli, onion, garlic, and red bell pepper. Season with a pinch salt (to encourage the veggies to soften) and cook on medium-high heat until veggies are just a little softened (~5 minutes). Remove from the heat and toss in the zucchini.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the 3 whole eggs and 3 egg whites, salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning and beat well with a fork.
- Spray 6 muffin tins with cooking spray. Divide the veggie mixture evenly between the muffin tins. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies (using a measuring cup to pour helps). Top each frittata with 1 t parmesan.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until frittatas are puffed, golden, and set. Serve as is or I serve in a toasted whole wheat English muffin with 1/2 t Dijon mustard. Yields 6 servings.