Dress up your traditional lobster roll by adding just a little sweet touch with this Sweet Hawaiian Lobster Roll recipe.
So funny sometimes how a new dish can come about. Last week, we went for sushi, and my daughter and I completely fell in love with a roll that had shrimp and pineapple. Then pineapple was on sale at our grocery store BOGO, so I totally over-bought. Then I spotted in the flyer that lobster tails were on sale this week. And the result of all that is a delicious new sammie.
Sweet Hawaiian Lobster Roll
- 2 medium lobster tails
- 1/4 c light mayonnaise
- 1/4 c diced celery
- 1/4 c diced pineapple
- couple good pinches kosher salt and Old Bay seasoning
- 2 King's Hawaiian Sweet Mini Sub Rolls
- Boston bibb lettuce leaves
- Poach the lobster tails for ~4-5 minutes in boiling water. Cool and remove from the shell.
- Chop the lobster meat and put into a bowl. Add the mayo, celery, pineapple, salt, and Old Bay, and toss. Serve on sweet sub rolls with lettuce. Serves 2.