This lovely, delicious, and super easy salad will grace our holiday buffet tomorrow. My husband has requested a German Christmas, and this salad will give our German spread some green. And by using frozen vegetables, blanching the beans is not necessary, making this even easier to prepare.
- 1 lb frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/4 c finely diced onion
- 1 t whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 T fresh dill, chopped
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- good pinch kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the green beans. Toss in the green beans and refrigerate overnight. Allow to come to room temperature before serving. Serves 6.
This recipe is adapted from germanfood.about.com.