I am absolutely in love with this muffin. It is just so TASTY! This is a perfect fall treat when you want a break from everything pumpkin.
Sweet Potato Muffins with Maple-Bourbon Glaze
- cooking spray
- 2 c flour, all-purpose
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 t cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 t ginger, ground
- 1/8 t cloves, ground
- 1/8 t nutmeg, ground
- 3/4 c firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 T unsulphured molasses
- 1/4 c vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 c cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 c soured milk (1/2 c milk + 1/2 T lemon juice - let sit 5 minutes)
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 T milk
- 1 t maple syrup
- 1 t bourbon
- Heat oven to 400. Coat a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray or paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, molasses, oil, eggs, soured milk, spices, sweet potato, and vanilla until combined. Stir in the flour mixture just until combined (this is important because if it’s overmixed, they won’t come out fluffy). Pour batter into muffin tins, filling each ~1/2 full. Bake 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, maple syrup, and bourbon. Spoon the glaze over the cooled muffins or take each muffin, invert, and dip the tops into the glaze. Yields: 12 muffins.
- Once the glaze in on the muffins, don't wrap in plastic wrap. The trapped moisture from the muffins will cause the glaze to get too wet and dissolve off.
Erica's Recipes http://ericasrecipes.com/
A potato ricer is a handy kitchen tool!