I make this as a simple side salad quite often, especially since I can use limes from my tree. It is so easy and fresh, and goes so well with almost anything off my grill. This can totally be made in advance too, and it’s even better that way so the flavors can sit and get happy together.
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 T c chopped red onion
- juice and zest from 1/2 lime
- 1 t olive oil
- 2 good pinches kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- Toss all and chill. Serves 4 as a side.