Sweet Potato Muffins with Maple-Bourbon Glaze are gently spiced, perfectly moist, and wonderfully different with a sweet glaze that is to die for.
I am absolutely in love with this muffin. It is just so TASTY! This is a perfect fall treat when you want a break from everything pumpkin.
Sweet Potato Muffins with Maple-Bourbon Glaze
- cooking spray
- 2 c flour all-purpose
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 t cinnamon ground
- 1/2 t ginger ground
- 1/8 t cloves ground
- 1/8 t nutmeg ground
- 3/4 c firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 T unsulphured molasses
- 1/4 c vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 c cooked sweet potato mashed
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 c soured milk 1/2 c milk + 1/2 T lemon juice - let sit 5 minutes
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 T milk
- 1 t maple syrup
- 1 t bourbon
- Heat oven to 400. Coat a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray or paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, molasses, oil, eggs, soured milk, spices, sweet potato, and vanilla until combined. Stir in the flour mixture just until combined (this is important because if it’s overmixed, they won’t come out fluffy). Pour batter into muffin tins, filling each ~1/2 full. Bake 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, maple syrup, and bourbon. Spoon the glaze over the cooled muffins or take each muffin, invert, and dip the tops into the glaze. Yields: 12 muffins.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.