Dress up your traditional lobster roll by adding just a little sweet touch with this Sweet Hawaiian Lobster Roll recipe.
So funny sometimes how a new dish can come about. Last week, we went for sushi, and my daughter and I completely fell in love with a roll that had shrimp and pineapple. Then pineapple was on sale at our grocery store BOGO, so I totally over-bought. Then I spotted in the flyer that lobster tails were on sale this week. And the result of all that is a delicious new sammie.
Sweet Hawaiian Lobster Roll
- 2 medium lobster tails
- 1/4 c light mayonnaise
- 1/4 c diced celery
- 1/4 c diced pineapple
- couple good pinches kosher salt and Old Bay seasoning
- 2 King's Hawaiian Sweet Mini Sub Rolls
- Boston bibb lettuce leaves
- Poach the lobster tails for ~4-5 minutes in boiling water. Cool and remove from the shell.
- Chop the lobster meat and put into a bowl. Add the mayo, celery, pineapple, salt, and Old Bay, and toss. Serve on sweet sub rolls with lettuce. Serves 2.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.