No deep story with this one. I just love Boursin and was in the mood for a burger, so I put the two together. OH MY the result! This very well may be my new favorite burger.
Also in the pics are my Honey Roasted Parsnips.
Peppercorn-Crusted, Boursin-Stuffed Cheeseburgers
- 1 lb ground beef 75-80% so it'll be juicy
- ½ t kosher salt
- ½ t McCormick Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning
- 4 sprinkles Worcestershire sauce
- ~2 1/2 oz half of a 5.2 oz pkg Boursin Garlic and Herb cheese
- ~4 t fresh cracked peppercorns preferably mixed peppercorns
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 4 French bread burger buns such as those available in a grocery store bakery
- 2 T unsalted butter
- Heat grill to high heat.
- In a bowl, add the ground beef, salt, garlic and herb seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. With your fingers, toss lightly to combine (you don't want to overmix meat ever or it'll end up tough).
- Put cracked pepper onto a plate.
- Divide the beef into 8 portions. Place a piece of Boursin on 4 of the beef portions. Top each with of those 4 with another beef portion, and form each into a hamburger patty. Dredge each patty in cracked pepper.
- Spread the butter on each side of burger bun. Grill the burgers 3-4 minutes per side until desired doneness. Grill the buns, cut and buttered sides down, a minute or two until toasty.
- To serve, place a bottom half of bun on a plate. Top with a burger, slice of tomato, and the top half of bun. Serves 4.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.