Super tasty, kid-LOVING, Pretzel and Mustard Chicken Fingers. Coating food with pretzels is my new jam, and this recipe is literally just so good I can’t even. If you are a parent, you need this recipe in your life.
Weekly, I put quite of bit of time and effort into planning our meals. What my family likes, what we haven’t eaten in a while, what haven’t we eaten ever, what’s on sale – all this is considered in my excel spreadsheet (yes, really) when I plan. The problem is that things come up during the week, days run long, I lose motivation….and towards the end of the week I inevitably find myself with a couple things that I’ve got to use but I want it to be with as little effort as possible. Hence, these easy chicken fingers. They’re baked, with no added oil other than cooking spray. And what goes together like mustard and pretzels? My family loves them, and for me, they are an easy solution when I just don’t feel like cooking.
Pretzel and Mustard Chicken Fingers
- 2 T Country-style Dijon mustard such as Grey Poupon
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1/2 t honey
- 1/2 t red wine vinegar
- 1 lb chicken breast tenderloins alternatively, cut whole chicken breasts into "fingers"
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 c pretzels crushed or processed into crumbs and small pieces
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2-1 t coarse sea salt
- Heat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the country-style mustard, the dijon, honey, and vinegar. Separately, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Toss the chicken into the mustard mixture to coat.
- Pour the crushed pretzels onto a plate. One by one, add a mustard-coated chicken finger into the pretzels crumbs to coat. Lay coated chicken in a 13x9 baking dish with the bottom sprayed well with cooking spray. Once all chicken is coated with pretzel crumbs and in the baking dish, spray the top and sides of the chicken fingers with cooking spray. Sprinkle the coarse sea salt over the chicken.
- Bake at 400F to 20-25 minutes or until cooked through (no longer pink and juices run clear). Serves 4.