With dill and tangy vinaigrette, this super easy and flavorful, make-ahead German Green Bean Salad with Dill is a perfect side dish for your holiday table.
This lovely, delicious, and super easy German Green Bean Salad with Dill will grace our German-themed holiday buffet tomorrow including brats, Braised Red Cabbage, and a Bavarian Banana Tart. My husband has requested a German Christmas, and this salad will give our German spread some green. And by using frozen vegetables, blanching the beans is not necessary, making this even easier to prepare.
German Green Bean Salad with Dill
- 1 lb frozen cut green beans thawed
- 1/4 c finely diced onion
- 1 t whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 T fresh dill chopped
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- good pinch kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the green beans. Toss in the green beans and refrigerate overnight. Allow to come to room temperature before serving. Serves 6.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.