This Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Cheeseburger combines fantastic flavors for one of my best burgers yet. Creamy cheese, flavorful Cherry Chipotle Barbecue sauce, and fresh onion highlight this absolutely delicious burger.
Well hello handsome. Sugar, when did you get so fly? …I ate this Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Cheeseburger front and center, oh yes I did. Sorry to my daughter, who convinced me give up meat – but honey, I couldn’t help myself. Sometimes, you just want a juicy burger. And this burger was the perfect burger to close-out a fabulous summer.
I made up this burger with a couple motivations ….First, I wanted to immediately put my new Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce to good use. Second, I have entered this recipe in 2 contests – one for Cabot cheese (hence, the fact that I used Cabot cheese in the recipe and boy am I glad I did – this white oak cheddar is now my absolute fave …even if I don’t win it’ll probably stay my fave …maybe). And two, I think I can beat Bobby Flay. So I entered this burger in that contest too.
So where to I start about this Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Cheeseburger ! First, the burger. Gotta go with good ol chuck – repeat after me, “we want our burgers juicy!” And well seasoned – ground beef needs that. Then, a little zip of onion, some garlicky greens, creamy melty cheese, and my BBQ awesome-sauce, and is it wrong I felt like I cheated on my husband eating this? I am so in love.
Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Cheeseburger
- 1 lb ground chuck formed into 4 burger patties
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz white cheddar cheese such as Cabot Farmer’s Legacy White Oak Cheddar Cheese
- hamburger buns
- unsalted butter to butter the burger buns
- 2 c fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/8 t fresh minced garlic
- red onion slices
- Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- Heat grill on high heat.
- Very lightly brush the burgers with olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Grill for about 8 minutes, flipping once mid-way, until desired doneness. Place slices of cheese on each burger, close the grill lid for another 30 seconds until cheese starts to melt. Remove from the grill.
- Take each burger bun and lightly butter the halves. Place, buttered side down on the grill to toast for a minute or so until lightly toasted. Remove from the grill.
- While burgers are resting, heat 1 t olive oil in a medium nonstick pan. Add the garlic and spinach and sauté briefly until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve cheeseburgers on the toasted, buttered buns with slices of red onion, sautéed spinach, and Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce. Yield: 4 servings.