Broccoli Cheese Beer Crepes have cheesy broccoli filling in tasty crepes made with beer. No special equipment required for these easy vegetarian crepes, just a small skillet is all that is needed to make the beer crepes. Also, using steam-in-bag broccoli keeps making the filling a cinch. Both the broccoli cheese filling and the crepes can be made in advance too!
This website uses affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pizza and crepes. Crepes and pizza. And popovers. These are a few of my favorite things and you can browse my collection of crepes recipes for inspiration if you feel, as I do, that crepes are just super delicious. If you don’t know where to start, or if you prefer traditional crepes rather than these beer crepes, this Savory Crepes recipe is my ride or die.
About the recipe
These vegetarian crepes were inspired by a recipe I read in a very old cookbook I found at my mom’s house, The Women’s Day Crepe Cookbook by Sylvia Schur. The book is copyright 1976, so hence the condensed cream of celery soup and I’m fine with it. Sorry not sorry.
These broccoli cheese crepes are SO tasty and really very easy to make. Everything can be done a day in advance (simply wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate). And while I had dinner in mind when I made up this recipe, I can totally see these blessing a brunch buffet or spread of elegant party foods.
About the ingredients
See the recipe card for the full ingredient listing. There is nothing here that is not easy to get a typical grocery store. If steam-in-bag broccoli is not available, one head of broccoli from the fresh produce section should do it. And as for the cream of celery soup, use the Campbell’s original regular version. The low sodium, heart healthy cream soups don’t have as much flavor. UNLESS you need to reduce your sodium, then by all means do that. Just take care to read the label because I can’t count how many times I’ve grabbed the wrong one by mistake.
Broccoli Cheese Beer Crepes
For the beer crepes
For the broccoli cheese filling
For the topping
- 10.5 oz condensed cream of celery soup *see Notes
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese *see Notes
Make the beer crepes
- Whisk together the ingredients for the crepes.
- Heat a small skillet on high heat.
- Adding cooking spray to the skillet before each crepe: add a scant ¼ cup batter to the hot skillet and immediately move the skillet in a "tilt-a-whirl" fashion to get the batter to coat the bottom in a thin layer (see Notes).
- Once underside is golden, flip and cook the other side until also golden.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat to make the rest of the crepes. This recipe yields 12 crepes.
Make the broccoli cheese filling
- In the same small skillet used to make the crepes, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Set aside.
- Cook the broccoli to al dente in the microwave according to package directions. To avoid over cooking, use the lower time provided in the directions (i.e. if directions say to cook 3-5 minutes, cook 3 minutes). Chop.
- In a bowl, combine the onion and garlic mixture, broccoli, cheese, salt, and pepper.
Assemble the crepes
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Divide the broccoli cheese filling onto the crepes, roll up, and place in a 13×9 bake dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soup, milk, and sour cream. Spread ~1/2 this mixture onto the crepes.
- Top crepes with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until warmed through and bubbly around the edges.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.