Flaky crust, creamy sweet cream layer, beautiful juicy berries, and topped off with a luscious lemon whipped cream. This Blackberry Basil Galette with Lemon Cream is the perfect ending for a datenight, anniversary, or Valentine’s romantic meal.
I can’t explain it but I’ve been thinking about making a galette for months. There’s something just so seriously sexy about them. And this is how it works with me – I’ll have a thought and it’ll sit and stew until I make it. Anyway, today it hit to me to finally make one and to use blackberries. And basil. So I did!
Yep, just like that. Because the best thing about making a galette is how easy it is. First, we just make a quick pie crust (super easy in the food processor, but this is not required). Then we mix up a lovely lemony cream cheese. Then we just assemble and bake. Very quick. Very easy. And then we have a super sexy fruity delicious dessert.
Blackberry Basil Galette with Lemon Cream
- 1 recipe Perfect Pie Crust
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1/8 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- pinch salt
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp turbinato sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the cream cheese, basil, 1/8 tsp lemon zest, and 2 Tbsp sugar. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crust to a 1/8-1/4-inch round. Transfer to a baking sheet sprayed with cooking oil. Spread on the cream cheese mixture, leaving a 1-inch margin around the edge. Top the cream cheese layer with blackberries.
- Fold in the 1-inch edge around the pie crust to make the galette. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with the turbinato sugar.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes until crust is completely cooked.
- While the galette is baking, take a cold bowl and whip the cream, 1/4 tsp lemon zest, and 2 tsp sugar to make the whipped lemon cream. Serve spooned on the galette.