Cranberries ‘N Cream Bacon Bites are a salty-sweet, crispy-creamy nibble, PERFECT for holiday parties.
So my obsession with cranberries continues….These little bites are divine – sweet, tart, salty, crispy, creamy. …Absolutely divine.
- 4 slices thick-sliced white bread (such as Pepperidge Farm Hearty White)
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c finely chopped fresh cranberries
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 2 T light brown sugar
- 16 slices center-cut bacon
- Heat oven to 450F.
- On a cutting board, cut the crusts off the bread. Cut each piece of bread into 8 pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cranberries, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Place a dollop of cream cheese-cranberry mixture on each piece of bread.
- Cut the bacon strips in half. Wrap each bread-cranberry piece loosely in a piece of bacon (loosely because the bacon will constrict as it cooks and you don't want the cheese filling to be all squeezed out). Secure with toothpicks. Bake at 450F for 17-20 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 32 appetizers.