Last night, when making her lunch for school the next day, my daughter took a plastic container, added salad greens, and packed another little container with some of this dressing. This is a true story. MY daughter – with no prompting from me whatsoever – put salad, by CHOICE, into her school lunch. SALAD!!! Should I buy a lottery ticket? Did the magnetic poles flip or something?! WHAT cosmic force is at work here?!!
Want to know why? Because of these babies…
Yep, blackberries are in season and we have been popping them like popcorn. So juicy and sweet, and blackberries have a deeper flavor that goes amazing with balsamic vinegar – a perfect pairing for a salad dressing. The fact that my kid packed this for lunch says it all!
- 1/4 c blackberries, plus more to toss in the salad
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T honey
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- walnut halves
- 1 (5.5 oz) bag salad greens
- In a small bowl, break up the 1/4 c blackberries (using a muddler or fork helps). Add the vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper, and whisk until until thickened. Toss salad greens in dressing and serve topped with walnut halves and additional blackberries. Serves 4.