Turkey Tamale Casserole is a DELICIOUS and easy recipe, perfect for leftover turkey or chicken.
One of the best parts of Thanksgiving is getting creative with the leftovers. Then again, leftovers of this easy Turkey Tamale Casserole casserole are even tastier the next day too.
Turkey Tamale Casserole
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheese such as Mexican blend or pepper jack, divided
- 1 8.5 oz box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp ground red pepper
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chilies
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cup chopped cooked turkey meat (or substitute chicken)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup crushed tortilla chips
- reduced fat sour cream optional
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, Combine 1/2 cup cheese with the buttermilk, egg, cumin, salt, pepper, corn, Jiffy mix, and green chilies. Pour into a 13×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until set and golden around the edges.
- Take a fork and pierce the baked cornbread all over. Pour the enchilada sauce over top. Top with the turkey and remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and top with crushed tortilla chips and fresh cilantro. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.