Weeknight Ravioli with Spinach, Salmon, and Boursin Cheese Sauce. This very easy recipe uses purchased ravioli, succulent fresh salmon, and a quick cream sauce using Boursin garlic and herb cheese.
So do you have grandiose plans to one day make beautiful, tender, totally-Italian ravioli from scratch? Me too. But in the meantime, I buy ravioli.
This Weeknight Ravioli with Spinach, Salmon, and Boursin Cheese Sauce recipe fed us for a couple days last week, and it was wonderful! Loaded with healthy spinach and salmon, I used half and half instead of cream – I call that a decent compromise. Leftovers reheat surprisingly well too because by using Light Boursin and half and half, there is less fat so this sauce does not separate. Besides, just look at this dish! This takes only 30 minutes to throw together and you have a meal that looks and feels like a special occasion.
Weeknight Ravioli with Spinach, Salmon, and Boursin Cheese Sauce
- 1 lb fresh salmon
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 6.5 oz tub Light Garlic and Herb Boursin Spread
- 1-1/2 c half and half
- 1 c packed fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 3 8 oz packages spinach and cheese ravioli, such as Monterrey brand
- Heat oven to 400F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Bake the salmon at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add the boursin and half and half. Simmer very gently for 5-10 minutes to thicken, whisking occasionally to make the sauce smooth. Add the spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper (I am a heavy salter).
- Add the ravioli to the boiling water and cook according to package directions. Drain and return the ravioli to the pot. Add the cheese sauce and toss gently to coat the ravioli.
- Using a fork, break up the salmon into bite-sized chunks into the pot with the ravioli. Stir gently to distribute the salmon among the ravioli. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.