Dreamy pumpkin pudding and decadent white chocolate ganache, layered with buttery puffed pastry and pistachios make this easy, fall dessert such a special treat.
OK, so I do not do desserts like this often, right? Like r-a-r-e-l-y. Other than ice cream. Because ice cream rules. …Baking is just really not my thing, and I do not have much of a sweet tooth anyway. But I love you guys and I know you love pumpkin because everyone loves pumpkin including me too …so I wanted to check the pumpkin box for yuh since it is “that time”.
But guys, I am telling you that this dessert is out of this world. It came out so far beyond my expectations that I am literally giddy. The flavors here are just WOWWWW. So so incredibly good. And this recipe is cheap, it is easy, everything can be scaled up, and the components can all be made in advance, so this one is great for entertaining too.
First, we start with puffed pastry. Because puffed pastry is fun and tasty and I am always looking for new ways (excuses) to use it. Then we have a super easy pumpkin pudding that almost did not even make it to the dessert because I was eating it by the spoonful. Tasting and tasting. It is so good. I used JELL-O Vanilla Instant Pudding and added pumpkin and spices to that, instead of buying pumpkin spice pudding. I tend not to like purchased “pumpkin spiced” stuff because something always tastes off to me. So this recipe let me do the spicing, keeping my inner control freak happy. Yum yum yum.
Then we have what I can only call the most mind-blowingly delicious whipped cream everrr. The BAKER’S white chocolate melts with just a quick zap in the microwave, then I added a little coconut oil to create a stable chocolate sauce that could then be drizzled into the whipping cream and not have the whole thing seize up. I came up with this idea after reading comment after comment in other white chocolate and cream recipe combos where this appears to be a regular issue. Not with my recipeeee! (pats self on back)
Then pistachios. And then a lovely-squishy-fun little JET-PUFFED pumpkin marshmallow. Because I couldn’t resist.
That’s it kids! This dessert is easy to make and yet one of the crazy best things ever. So usher in fall, satisfy that pumpkin fetish, and come out a rock star with this Pumpkin Pistachio Napoleon.
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin puree
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 (5.1 oz) pkg JELL-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- pinch kosher sea salt
- 3 oz BAKER’S White Chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 puffed pasty sheet (half of a 11 oz box) puffed pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup ground pistachios
- garnish: JET-PUFFED Pumpkin Spice Mallows
- Heat oven to 400F.
- For the pumpkin pudding, simply whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk, pudding, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Chill until ready to use.
- For the ganache, put the white chocolate in a glass or ceramic bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave, add the coconut oil, and stir until smooth. Let sit until cooled to room temperature.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla to a chilled glass bowl. Use an electric mixer to start to beat the cream. Once the cream starts to thicken, add the white chocolate mixture, drizzling in a very thin stream all the while beating the cream to medium-stiff peaks. Chill until ready to use.
- Unfold the puffed pasty onto a large bake sheet. Using a 4-inch biscuit cutter, cut 9 circles in the dough, discarding the excess. Prick each round all over with a fork. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes or until golden. Once cool enough to handle, gently use a fork to split each pastry round into a top and bottom.
- To assemble the napoleon: place a small bit of white chocolate ganache on a plate to anchor the pastry. Place a bottom from a split pastry round on the ganache. Layer pumpkin pudding, then ganache, then a sprinkling of nuts. Top with the top part of the pastry round. Layer more pudding, ganache, and nuts. Garnish with a pumpkin mallow. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Yields: 9 servings.
The Kraft ingredients I used in this recipe can all be found at the Holiday Baking Center at Walmart. Check that out for all sorts of ingredients for budget friendly recipes. And be sure to check out more delicious recipe ideas at Kraft.com and visit the social hub. I’d love to hear about your favorite pumpkin recipe!