Flaky crust, creamy sweet cream layer, beautiful juicy berries, and topped off with a luscious lemon whipped cream. This Blackberry Basil Galette with Lemon Cream is the perfect ending for a datenight, anniversary, or Valentine’s romantic meal.
I can’t explain it but I’ve been thinking about making a galette for months. There’s something just so seriously sexy about them. And this is how it works with me – I’ll have a thought and it’ll sit and stew until I make it. Anyway, today it hit to me to finally make one and to use blackberries. And basil. So I did!
Yep, just like that. Because the best thing about making a galette is how easy it is. First, we just make a quick pie crust (super easy in the food processor, but this is not required). Then we mix up a lovely lemony cream cheese. Then we just assemble and bake. Very quick. Very easy. And then we have a super sexy fruity delicious dessert.
Blackberry Basil Galette with Lemon Cream
- 1 recipe Perfect Pie Crust
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 T fresh basil chopped
- 1/8 t fresh lemon zest
- 2 T sugar
- pinch salt
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1 T turbinato sugar
- 1 c whipping cream
- 1/4 t fresh lemon zest
- 2 t sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the cream cheese, basil, 1/8 t lemon zest, and 2 T sugar. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crust to a 1/8-1/4-inch round. Transfer to a baking sheet sprayed with cooking oil. Spread on the cream cheese mixture, leaving a 1-inch margin around the edge. Top the cream cheese layer with blackberries. Fold in the 1-inch edge around the pie crust to make the galette. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with the turbinato sugar. Bake at 375F for 45 minutes until crust is completely cooked.
- While the galette is baking, take a cold bowl and whip the cream, 1/4 t lemon zest, and 2 t sugar to make the whipped lemon cream. Serve spooned on the galette.