Texas BBQ Pizza
Texas bbq pizza is an AMAZING tasty pizza. With slow cooker bbq pulled pork, veggies, and cheese, this Texas-inspired pizza is simple in honor of its roots.
- 2 lb country-style shoulder pork ribs
- 1 Tbsp Grilling Rub for Pork or bbq seasoning blend of choice
- 1-½ cups Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce or bbq sauce of choice divided
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- fresh pizza dough for a large pizza see Notes
- ½ cup thin red onion rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1-½ cups Longhorn-style cheese shredded
- 1-½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
For the slow cooker bbq pulled pork
For the pizza
Place a pizza stone in the oven and heat oven to 450°F. Once oven is heated, heat an additional 15 minutes to ensure stone is fully heated.
On a floured surface, roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Transfer to the preheated pizza stone.
Layer the following ingredients in order: ranch dressing, onion, bell pepper, pork (~1 to 1-½ cup), and cheese.
Reduce oven heat to 425°F and transfer the pizza stone into the oven. Bake 10 minutes until dough is cooked, toppings are hot, and the cheese is melted and golden around the edges.
Drizzle bbq sauce over pizza. Slice and serve.
Both my Sam Adams Beer Pizza Dough and Whole Wheat Pizza Dough make enough dough for 2 pizzas. Therefore, in addition to the Texas pizza, you can make another, such as a Random Veggie Pizza to use stuff up from the fridge.
If not available, a good substitute for Longhorn cheese is sharp cheddar. I have made this substitution and it works well.
Calories: 931kcal (47%)
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a comment below and let me know!