Fresh Tomato Pasta in Lemony Vinaigrette (Ready in 10 Minutes!)
Gorgeous pasta made with the simplest of ingredients and ready in only 10 minutes. Let your summer tomato bounty sing in this healthy, fresh, vegetarian dinner.
- 24 oz mixed cherry and grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 8 oz pkg fresh mozzarella "pearls"
- 1 8 oz pkg Barilla Ready Gemelli Pasta
- For the Vinaigrette
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- couple good pinches fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Cut the tomatoes into bite sized pieces: have the grape tomatoes the long way, half the small cherry tomatoes, quarter the larger ones, so they end up uniform-ish, but pretty.
Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette, drizzling in the olive oil last while whisking constantly to thicken and make a bit of an emulsion.
Cook the pasta according to package directions. (Literally, this is 60 seconds in the microwave)
Toss everything together in a large bowl: tomatoes, pasta, vinaigrette, basil, and cheese. Taste for seasoning. Serves 2-3 as a main dish, 4-5 as a side.