Chicken Gyro Pizza
Mediterranean-inspired Chicken Gyro Pizza, with all the flavors and trimmings of your favorite gyro, is a perfect add to your gourmet pizza repertoire.
- 1/2 batch of prepared Sam Adams Beer Pizza Dough or purchased prepared dough
- 1/2 c Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 c cooked chicken meat chopped
- 1 yellow tomato seeded and chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 c sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 c sliced pepperoncini peppers can substitute banana peppers
- 1/4 c thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- dried oregano for sprinkling
Heat oven to 425F with the pizza stone in there. Once heated, heat an addition 10-15 minutes to make sure the stone is thoroughly heated.
Roll out the pizza dough. Transfer to the preheated pizza stone. Layer the toppings: sauce, chicken, tomato, onion, olives, banana peppers, cucumber, and cheese. Dust with oregano. Cook at 425F for ~15 minutes until crust is golden and toppings are sizzling. Yields 1 large pizza.