Shrimp Po' Boy Pizza
The Cajun classic sub meets pizza, and the result is epic good. Shrimp, veggies, cheese, and all topped with a creamy Remoulade for a crazy tasty gourmet Shrimp Po' Boy Pizza pizza unlike any you have ever had.
- prepared dough for a large pizza for a recipe, see my Sam Adams Beer Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes diced (~1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms ~4 oz
- 9 oz SeaPak popcorn shrimp half of the 18 oz Party Size pkg, larger shrimp cut in half
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- garnish: fresh chopped cilantro
For the Remoulade
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 green onions chopped in ~2-inch pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic smashed and skins removed
- 1 Tbs prepared horseradish
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 Tbs ketchup
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- ~1/4 cup small handful fresh cilantro leaves
Put the pizza stone in the oven. Heat the oven to 450F. Heat an additional 10-15 minutes to ensure the pizza stone is fully heated.
For the Remoulade, add the listed ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside. This can be done a day in advance (store in the refrigerator).
Gather the pizza topping ingredients together.
On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough. Remove the heated pizza stone from the oven. Transfer the dough to the stone. Working quickly, top the dough with the pizza toppings in the following order: pizza sauce, bell pepper, tomato, mushrooms, shrimp, and cheese. Put the stone back in the oven and bake at 450F for 10-12 minutes until dough is fully cooked and golden. Remove pizza from the oven.
To serve, drizzle Remoulade over pizza slices and sprinkle with cilantro. Yields 1 large pizza.
For the remaining shrimp in the package, throw them in the oven for 10 minutes and enjoy with the extra Remoulade. Nom.
Calorie estimation is approximate and does not include remoulade.