Mediterranean Crescent Ring
The Mediterranean Crescent Ring. Here is the classic crescent dough ring, made over using delicious Mediterranean-inspired ingredients.
- 1 10 oz pkg chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 1 12 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup garlic and herb flavored feta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped calamata olives
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts lightly toasted
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh chopped dill
- 2 8 oz pkgs crescent rolls
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- cooking spray
In a bowl, use a fork to toss together the first 11 ingredients (up to and including the dill). Set aside.
On a large bake sheet sprayed lightly with cooking spray, arrange the crescent dough, separating the dough into triangles along the perforations: lay the dough triangles, overlapping slightly at the corners, so that the short end of the triangles form a circle.
Spoon the spinach filling around the circle formed by the overlapping dough triangles. Gently fold the long end of each triangle over the filling to form the ring.
Brush the dough lightly with egg white and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until filling is heated through and crescent dough is browned and toasty. Slice and serve! Yields 16 portions.
Calories: 255kcal (13%)
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a comment below and let me know!