Crispy french fries smothered with two killer sauces, a Dijon Thyme Gravy and Cheddar Beer Sauce ...and it is all vegan!
- 1 15 oz bag frozen french fries
For the Cheddar Beer Sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for at least in hour in water
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup stout beer
For the Dijon-Thyme Gravy
- 1 Tbs vegan butter such as Earth Balance
- 1 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup stout beer
- 2 tsp Dijon
- 2 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Cook the french fries according to package directions. While the fries are cooking, prepare the Cheddar Beer sauce and Dijon Thyme gravy.
To make the Cheddar Beer Sauce, add all the ingredients except the beer to a food processor and process until very smooth. Add the beer and transfer to a saucepan. Heat on medium, stirring often, until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
To make the Dijon Thyme gravy, heat the butter and flour in a saucepan until smooth. Cook a minute to make a roux. Slowly whisk in the broth and beer and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens to make gravy. Add the remaining ingredients. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Serve the fries drizzled with both sauces. Yields: 4 servings.