Hoisin Honey Pulled Pork with Pickled Cucumber Salad
Sweet and saucy, slow cooked pork served over toasty bread and topped with crisp pickled cucumber. This recipe combines the right balance of flavors for a fantastically rich but super easy dinner that is sure to impress
For the Hoisin Honey Pulled Pork
- 1 3 lb Boston butt or picnic pork roast
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 8 oz hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar
- 2 large cloves garlic chopped
- 2 heaping Tbs fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 Tbs Thai chili sauce
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
For the Pickled Cucumber Salad
- 1 large cucumber sliced super thin (a mandolin makes this easier)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- couple pinches Chinese 5-Spice seasoning
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- baguette sliced in 1-1/2-inch thick slices
- olive oil cooking spray
Put all the ingredients for the Hoisin Honey Pulled Pork in the slow cooker and cook on low 8-10 hours until fall apart tender. Use two forks to break up the meat.
While the pork is cooking, prepare the Pickled Cucumber Salad. In a medium bowl, toss together the salad ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Spray the bread slices well with cooking spray, then toast each side under the over broiler.
Serve the Hoisin Honey Pulled Pork on toasty bread topped with Pickled Cucumber Salad. Yields: 6-8 servings.